This mod was created by Sk1er LLC and released in collaboration with Sk1er. Please consider following the Creator's social media below as this helps them immensely.
Patcher is a Forge mod created for the intent of fixing Vanilla bugs, Forge bugs, adding Quality of Life enhancements, and improving performance.
Patcher contains the following features.
Patcher replaces the following mods.
Patcher also contains the following features behind the scenes.
- Sound Customization - Change the volume of any sound available, from 0 to 2x the normal volume. Accessible by /patchersounds
- Fullscreen Fix - Allow the screen to be resized after toggling fullscreen.
- Item Searching - Minecraft doesn't stop searching for other items to combine despite being a full stack.
- Reset Death Timers - Allow for respawning when toggling fullscreen on the "You Died!" menu.
- Command Handling - Fix Forge's command handler not checking for a '/' at the start of a command.
- Case Insensitive Commands - Allow for case insensitivity.
- Inventory Position - Stop potion effects from shifting your inventroy to the right.
- MouseDelayFix - Stop your actual position from being a tick ahead of your crosshair.
- Arm Position - Reset the player state properly once mounting an entity, fixing weird arm rotation.
- Head Rotations - Properly rotate the users head while mounting an entity.
- Fullbright - Remove lighting updates, increasing visibility.
- Sky Height - Set the sky height to 0, removing void flickering.
- Instant World Swapping - Remove waiting times between swapping worlds.
- Nausea Effect - Remove the nether portal appearing when clearing nausea.
- Scoreboard Patch - Fix scoreboard spamming logs with errors.
- Disable Achievements - Remove achievement notifications.
- Container Backgrounds - Remove the dark background inside a container.
- Fire Height - Change the height of the ingame fire overlay.
- Chat History Length - Change how many messages you can scroll back past.
- FOV Modifier - Allow for modifying FOV change states.
- Sprinting FOV - Change your FOV when sprinting.
- Bow FOV - Change your FOV when pulling back a bow.
- Speed FOV - Change your FOV when having the speed effect.
- Slowness FOV - Change your FOV when having the slowness effect.
- Tab Opacity - Change tab list opacity, based on 0 to 100%.
- Pack Images - Change all pack icons to 64x64 to improve memory usage.
- Toggle Tab - Hold tab open with a single keypress.
- Crosshair Perspective - Remove the crosshair when in third person.
- Remove Tall Grass - Stop tall grass/double tall plants from rendering.
- Transparent Chat - Remove the background from chat.
- Tab Height - Move the tab overlay down 16 pixels when there's an active bossbar.
- Disable Armorstands - Stop armorstands from rendering.
- Disable Item Frames - Stop item frames from rendering.
- Disable Grounded Arrows - Stop arrows that are in the ground from rendering.
- Disable Attached Arrows - Stop arrows that are attached to a player from rendering.
- Disable Moving Arrows - Stop arrows that are airborne from rendering.
- Disable Skulls - Stop skulls from rendering.
- Disable End Portals - Stop end portals from rendering.
- Disable Shadowed Text - Remove shadows from text.
- Show Own Nametag - See your own nametag in third person.
- MouseBindFix - Fixes an issue where keybinds bound to mouse buttons do not work in inventories.
- OptiFine Zoom Adjustment - Scroll when using OptiFine's zoom to adjust the zoom level.
- OptiFine Zoom Sensitivity - Remove the smoothing from OptiFine's zoom.
- Compact Chat - Clean up chat by stacking duplicate messages.
- Number Ping - Show a readable number in tab instead of bars.
- Numerical Enchantments - Use normal numbers instead of roman numerals on enchants.
- Startup Notification - Notify how long the game took to startup with a notification.
- Keep Shaders on Perspective Change - Keep the shaders you're currently using while also being able to toggle perspective.
- Better Keybind Handling - Make keys re-register when closing a GUI, like in 1.12+.
- Damage Glance - View the damage value of the currently held item above your hotbar.
- Item Count Glance - View the amount of the currently held item you have above your hotbar.
- Enchantment Glance - View the enchantments of the currently held item above your hotbar.
- Chat Position - Move the chat up 12 pixels to stop it from overlapping the health bar, as done in 1.12+.
- Chat Timestamps - Add timestamps before a message.
- Transparent Nametags - Remove boxes around nametags.
- Arrow Lighting - Stop attached arrows from lighting up other entities.
Patcher had a lot of help during development by LlamaLad7 & integrates features from prplz & 2pi.
If you're using 5Zig, please use 5Zig Reborn, an open-source & maintained version of 5Zig built with compatibility in mind, as the original 5Zig will not work with Patcher.
Install with Sk1er Mod Installer
Click here to install via Sk1er Mod Installer. If you do not have the installer, visit https://sk1er.club/installer to learn more.
Click on a Minecraft version below in order to download the mod and place the file in your mods directory
Patcher 1.2 for Minecraft 1.8.9
1.2 - 1.8.9 (May 16, 2020)
- Fix a documented Vanilla bug in LWJGL 2.0 that caused inputs on mouse button 4 to be treated as mouse button 5 when any modifiers are pressed (Shift, Control, etc.)
- Optimized startup time when using a lot of mods that go through a lot of construction.
- Optimized visible face scanning in frustum culling.
- Optimized GL Error Checking further.
- Fix Vanilla Bug MC-63020 & MC-70850/False-negatives in frustum culling, leaving empty spots in chunks.
- Fix Vanilla Bug MC-35714/Sounds duplicate when entering/leaving a GUI.
- Fix Vanilla Bug MC-77759/The game takes a screenshot when pressing the "<|>" key on foreign keyboards.
- Fix deleted screenshots being kept in memory.
1.1 - 1.8.9 (May 08, 2020)
The second iteration of Patcher, bringing a lot of features, bug fixes, misc changes, and vanilla optimizations.
Full changelog is available at this gist.
1.0 - 1.8.9 (Apr 05, 2020)
The initial release of Patcher.
Total Users: 29,151
Last Week: 16,887
Last Day: 9,490